“We suffer more in imagination than in reality”–Seneca
A coaching session is a conversation where I will primarily be a listener. The idea is to create a space for you to slow down, and to reflect out loud. By externalizing verbally your thinking process, your problem solving and your mental positions you may gain depth and insight into your perceptions.
My role as a coach is to guide the conversation only questions no advice no opinions. My objective will be to help you point out how emotions, desires and previous experiences could be creating distortions in your thinking patterns and emotional state.
What is My Responsibility?
- To clarify and encourage you to set the goals that you really want.
- To ask you to do more than you have probably done on your own.
- To help you focus better in order to produce results more quickly.
- To provide you with the tools, support and structure to accomplish more.
Restructure the area of your choice
- Articulate the Signal received by emotions (body language) and thoughts (mind language)
- “What part of your identity is sending the signal?”
- Finding the trigger
- Putting the signal in context
- “What is the basis of the sign? What are the driving beliefs? Is there a conflict of values? What is the aim? What are the hopes and sorrows?”
- Create your own way to reset homeostasis. Potential is realized by optimizing our own individuality and uniqueness, never by molding it to another’s opinion of what constitutes best.
- “What is needed to restore coherence? What has to be calibrated? What muscle in your character needs to be exercised? What is the conversation that has been avoided? What is being announced as in need of repair?”
Restructure your planning systems
How do I Coach Clients?
As your coach, I will ask questions, encourage, advise, challenge, make requests and listen for your “essence” so that you are consistent with who you are in terms of your goals, your values and your vision. My focus will be upon you and what you want and how you can best get it.
However, the coaching relationship is designed by both of us and may be refined by each of us in the giving and receiving of feedback. Although I am committed to the process, it still remains your personal responsibility to take action (or not take action) as you desire.
1. I Expect Your Best
The best results are achieved when you are ready to both do and be the best that you can be. It is about stepping up to the challenge and giving it your best; it is my job to bring that to your awareness so we can work out what you really want to do.
2. I Make Specific Requests
As the need arises, I will make direct requests such as, “Could you see yourself accomplishing X within the next two weeks?” You could meet the request, provide and alternative option, or perhaps you might decline it altogether. Whichever way you respond though, I will support your action.
3. If requested, I Give Advice
On occasion, if I have a real sense of a particular direction, and you are open to it, I will make specific suggestions on how to handle a problem or an issue or make the most of an opportunity. If I’m not always certain about my suggestion, I will always certainly say so. Regardless, you will need to use your own discretion and judgement.
4. I Am Open
If for example, I hear hesitancy in your voice or notice an inconsistency, I will generally ask you about it. Often, it is these particular moments that permit the opportunity to resolve something. Irrespective, I will not confront you. It is only my job to highlight the issue and allow you to do with it what you will.
5. I Set Homework
Typically, I ask you to work out perhaps two or three goals or actions to focus upon between our sessions together. If I am pushing you too hard, then it is important for you to say so. If you want to be pushed harder, it is also important for you to say so.
Pay what you feel like
I believe that you as a client should have the power to determine if I get paid. I don’t focus on a pay-per-hour model but on a pay-per-results one.
If you are ready to start coaching journey, schedule a preliminary call 👇