All the notes were taken directly from the source mentioned!
– – –
Discover your strengths
Work on improving your strengths
(Resources should go from make you competent into making you a star performer)
Look where your intellectual arrogance is causing damage
Taking pride of your weaknesses is self-defeating
Manners enable people to work together even if they dislike each other
How a person performs is a given, just as what a person is good at or not good at is a given
- Am I a listener or a reader?
- How do I learn?
- Do I work well with people, or am I a loner?
- Do I produce results as a decision maker or as an adviser?
- Do I perform well under stress, or do I need a highly structured and predictable environment?
- What are my values? What kind of person do I want to see in the mirror in the morning?
- Where do I belong?
- What should I contribute? Given my strengths, systems and values, how can I make the greatest contribution to what needs to be done? What Results have to be achieved to make a difference?
Do not try to change your nature
Manage the second part of your life, your side project.
- Start long before you enter it
Working with Others
Taking responsibility for your relationships
To be effective you need to know the strengths, performance modes and values of your coworkers
Take responsibility for communication
Organizations like people have values, to be effective in an organization, a person’s value needs to be compatible with the organization’s values
Thanks for reading. Did you like the content you just read? You can help me spread these ideas by sharing this blog post through your social media channels or sending it as a direct message to your friends.